The Role Play Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun place to rp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Broken Stones
Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:01 pm

» A Space that Exists Between Realities
Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 pm

» My oc Arachnia's bio
Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:30 pm

» A Land of Trials
Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm

» Ancient Worlds
Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Sun May 21, 2017 3:50 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament
Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeby Spike Spiegel Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)
Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:17 pm

» Members' Avatar Change Thread
Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:40 pm

» Hi, Also I Will Sing You All To Sleep
Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 14 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:10 am

Vocaloids-based Role Play?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

Vocaloids-based Role Play? Empty
PostSubject: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:21 pm

I'm curious if there would be any interest for something like this....

As for the story, I'm pretty open. I've had some fun with stories based loosely on "Story of Evil", "Karakuri Burst" and "Synchronicity". I guess allowing OC's would depend on what kind of story we're going with....hmm~ Something based on "Prisoner/Paper Airplanes" might be fun, but I also REALLY did like the "Story of Evil" one.... but I would claim both Rin and Len in any case, so....

Anyway, anyone?
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 12:21 pm

I was a part of a few of these, so I would like to be a part once more, if that's alright with you, Sailor-chan.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 8:14 pm

You were part of all of them, silly, so I was actually hoping  you would take in interest in either this or the CCSakura/Tsubasa one I'm trying to get off the ground. And, if it turns out to be just the two of us then it can just be one-on-one again.... -3-
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 8:21 pm

Well, I think the ones with Cedrinor have gotten a bit old, so I was thinking about being a Vocaloid this time, since I have a Vocaloid OC. However, said OC does not have a name, so I would love any advice you could give in regards to that.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:14 pm

I honestly don't know since I prefer cannon characters. All I can really tell you is that Rin and Len are (supposedly) taken from "Right" and "Left" (like speakers) and all of the rest of the Vocaloids I know are based on either the  name of the singer who their voices are modeled after or the company that sponsors said voice.

But... no interest in re-starting the CCSakura one, then?
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:40 pm

I didn't realize you'd made one. Sure, let's do that. Am I going to be Syaoran again?

And how does Akemi sound for a Vocaloid name?
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:46 pm

It could work... except.... according to Babynames.com.... "Akemi" is a girl's name.... *snicker*
Anyway, since we've already kinda done "Story of Evil", "Karakuri Burst" and "Synchronicity" what do you think off a story based on "Prisoner" and "Paper Airplanes"? (have you seen those videos?) Oooh!another one that's really good is "The New Millennium"/"Utopia"/"A Faint Wish" but I htink I have a slightly better way for you to fit into Prisoner/Paper Airplanes"..... Or did you have something in mind?

I made it just before this one; it's right here. And yeah, I was hoping/figuring that we would just assume our old roles unless anyone else shows an interest.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Not that I'm complaining, since Rin and Len are by far my favorites, but is there any specific reason that the songs the twins are in usually tell some tragic story? And wow... just... wow...  Prisoner/Paper Airplane is the only song series I actually cried about... *he wipes his eyes, but the tears keep coming* Poor Rin-chan.... *he digs a grave for a doll of Rin he has and places it in a doll-sized coffin before burying it (I would actually do this if I had two, because of the fact that Rin seems to die a lot.)* Also, I would rather do Prisoner/Paper Airplane, not only because it seems easier, but I think it would last longer.
Back to top Go down
chaosshade
chaosshade
Queen Of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 6:34 am

I'd love to get in on this... but... uhh... well... there's certain reasons I can't *coughs*
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 1:13 pm

And why would that be, shade? Also, what is that pic in your signature from?
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 1:44 pm

The only reason I could think of is.... you have your own personal preferences in terms of the shipping?
I also don't think the image in his signature is from anything specific, it's just an animation someone made.

As for the dying thing... it's not every video.... just the better/more elaborate ones...I actually can't think of any really happy one off the top of my head,  but, yeah, it happens often enough that it's become a kind of a meme. *snicker* But if you think Prisoner/Paper Airplanes would be better then we'll just go with it.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Note that I didn't actually say every, I said usually, which would imply that I meant more often than not. Not trying to correct you or sound like a dick or anything, just saying. And yes, I could probably do Prisoner/Paper Airplanes Len better than New Millennium Len, because that just confused me towards the end of New Millennium, the two Lens. I understood that one was supposed to be the rich boy and one the poor boy, but that's where the understanding ended. Also, I sympathize with Prisoner/Paper Airplane Rin & Len, and that's usually where I get most of my inspiration for RPs. It's either sympathy, pity, or a feeling like I could be the one in their shoes instead of them. It's usually Len that I feel the last one for, but it's occasionally Rin, and sometimes it's even both, should the both appear in the same song and sing.
Back to top Go down
chaosshade
chaosshade
Queen Of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 7:18 pm

My reasons are as Sailor says, my ships might be problematic.

My sig is from the anime Nekomonogatari.  I felt it fit in w/ the whole "You feel as though you are being watched" thing I have.  Cudos to Edward-hime for the resize, she does great work ^^
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 7:47 pm

Ah, that explains why it's cat eyes, if it has cat in the name of the anime.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 7:20 pm

No, no, no you can still be your OC Character, I already said that I'm claiming both Rin and Len as per usual, I was just curious to see which story you were more interested in.

I was thinking that for Prisoner/Paper Airplanes your character could either be someone who helps Len from inside the prison or either someone who helps Rin periodically escape from the hospital to go see Len (which I think actually makes a little more sense)

And... admittedly, adding a at least a third party to the New Millennium Story would kinda defeat the purpose of "The Last Two Surviving Humans", so.... yeah XD There are actually more than two Lens in the video as well. You have the one IN the Elevator, the Rich Boy, the Poor Boy (both body doubles from different timelines) as well as one of the pair of lovers who were the first ones to undergo the procedure. (I believe the Len in the Elevator is their son after that)
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:05 pm

There are actually two Lens in the elevator, because the "elevator girl" turns out to be another Len shortly before the first Len jumps. And I would much rather be an attendant at the hospital than one of those guards, because they were dicks, all of them. Pardon my language, I just got pissed when they did that to Len.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:48 pm

The Elevator Girl was more like a ghost, though, so I don't think that really counts. I think she just used his appearance as a way to say "nothing will change unless YOU do something".

Fine, you character can be an attendant at the hospital, then.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:02 pm

I'm going to need a little time to think about how I'm going to do this, since this is a first for me.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Then I guess you can take you time and, for the moment, we'll just work more on getting the Cardcaptor Sakura/Tsubasa one up to speed.
Back to top Go down
chaosshade
chaosshade
Queen Of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:06 am

Might as well jump back into this mess, if only to clear up as necessary.

Luka:  23yo, mother figure, bank teller (later together w/ Miku)
Len and Rin:  14yo, siblings, in love (yup, I'm a horrible person)
Miku:  16yo, active vocalist, subject to her producer's whims, seeks council in Luka (later together w/ Luka)
Meiko:  19yo, rebellious teen, held back a year, creates problems for Luka
Kaito:  25yo, active vocalist, crushes on Luka but his feelings aren't returned
Gumi:  13yo, worries about her figure (later together w/ Lily)
Lily:  17yo, academic overachiever, likes to skip gym class (later together w/ Gumi, grudgingly at first)
Ia:  19yo, active vocalist, loves to do charity work
Haku:  27yo, recovering alcoholic, Luka takes care of her and Haku helps w/ the house work
Teto:  15yo, Miku's very best friend, crushes on her but her feelings aren't returned
Neru:  16yo, lazy but somehow manages to get decent grades, Lily's friend
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:58 pm

The incest in implied in multiple songs/videos with Rin and Len.... why does that make you a bad person? Of course it's seen as taboo, but in this case I don't even mind it so much because the way it's always portrayed makes you forget that they're siblings. There are also people out there who claim they aren't actually siblings, but they just share the same soul, so it's open for interpretation.

as for the rest, you're really overplaying the Yuri card.  Vocaloids-based Role Play? 2601524045 Yes, homosexual relationships exist in anime and I can turn the other cheek if it's cannon or meant as a joke, but people need to learn that NOT every other character is homosexual. That goes for Yaoi, too. If you think one is acceptable but the other isn't then you have a double standard.
Back to top Go down
chaosshade
chaosshade
Queen Of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Actually, I just like it because their personalities mesh well.  You call five characters being yuri "overplaying"?  You obviously don't spend enough time on Gelbooru, lol.  The main point of them being yuri is that I'm not really a fan of the male vocaloids.

Len is a particularly interesting point for me, I usually play him as a trap, though not a particularly girly one.  I have gone full girly with him a few times but that's in a solo role instead of a role w/ his sister.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:48 pm

So if two people's personalities mesh well they automatically have to be in a romance-based relationship? Why is't friendship enough? "Love" is still an appropriate word to use between friends who care deeply for each other, but that doesn't mean they're in a romance-based relationship.
And, of course, exceptions exists when a series is meant to be all Yaoi or Yuri, but it simply isn't this way in most cases. And, yes, I also would say that claiming 5 characters out of a list of 11, pretty much half, homosexual in a traditional setting is overdoing it a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloids-based Role Play?   Vocaloids-based Role Play? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vocaloids-based Role Play?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1